Anorexia income protection insurance
Income protection can help you support yourself and your loved ones, if you cannot work due to long term illness or injury. You may be put off searching for the income protection insurance you need, simply because you think anorexia will make it impossible to get insured or it will be too expensive.
In the UK, research suggests:
- 1.25 million – 3.4 million people are affected by an eating disorder
- Approx 75% of those affected by eating disorders are female
- Approx 10% of eating disorder sufferers have anorexia nervosa
- There is a greater chance of recovery the earlier that treatment is sought
Our team have years of expertise when it comes to mental health and life insurance products, and are proud to be TOP RATED in the UK for Mental Health life insurance. Our friendly and skilled experts can help you assess your best options for income protection, to ensure you find the right cover without paying far too much for it.
Will income protection payout for Anorexia?
If your policy does not exclude anorexia-related problems, then if you suffer any issues relating to your anorexia that cause you to take time off work, you should be able to claim on income protection.
You will be able to get anorexia income protection depending on the severity of your condition – i.e., if there are no major health concerns and your BMI is within the normal range.
Income protection is usually designed to pay out for 12 or 24 months to cover your salary while you’re unable to work.
Some of the main reasons you might need to claim on income protection cover with anorexia are:
- Brain and nerve issues such as seizures
- Heart failure
- Weak immune system
- Difficulties with concentration and memory